BSNL Broadband Failure

Since today morning, BSNL Broadband has been acting weird whereby few of the sites that I regularly visit or manage suddenly stopped working. The first time I noticed about this problem was around 10 AM today morning when I was trying to access my site hosted at byethost.com. Initially I thought this had to do something with bad DNS servers which BSNL is prone to and therefore, I switched to UltraDNS’s free DNS servers for this purpose. While the cause of the same is not found yet, below is the list of sites that I tried to access and found it to be not working

  1. http://www.khagol.net (hosted on http://www.byethost.com)
  2. http://www.8051electronicprojects.co.cc/ (hosted on http://www.byethost.com)
  3. http://www.ultradns.com
  4. http://www.cocomments.com

Will update as list grows….

Also, it seems the sites are blocked by BSNL itself..have a look at this tracert…

This one is for khagol.net

 

Tracing route to khagol.net [209.190.24.3]

over a maximum of 30 hops:
  1    39 ms    40 ms    41 ms  117.198.160.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.
Trace complete.

Hope they do something about it.


Update (May 18)

The sites have become accessible but the quality seems little bit of degraded. The usual pings to a nearest server, I’ve known, have increased by 100 ms and varies heavily. Let’s hope everything will clear out ASAP.

Website Security Test